The Role of HealthATMs in Preventive Medicine
Clinics on Cloud provides HealthATM services to the public. Their HealthATMs are designed to offer a wide range of healthcare services, including basic health check-ups, telemedicine consultations, and health education. Clinics on Cloud’s HealthATMs are userfriendly, and users can access them at any time, without an appointment.
Often times, healthcare is viewed as treating the symptoms that are on the surface, responding to illness, disease, or injury. This is a common misconception as majority of medical practice center on treating patients, where physicians prioritize the prevention of illness and disease.
When these medical professionals collaborate on both treatment and prevention, it falls under the umbrella of preventive medicine. Preventive medicine entails preventing illnesses from occurring in the first place by promoting healthy behaviours and conducting disease screenings, as opposed to treating ailments as they develop.
The field of preventive medicine involves promoting preventive healthcare to enhance patient well-being. The ultimate goal is to prevent illness, disability, and death.
Why is preventive medicine important?
In today’s fast-paced world, people often neglect their health due to busy schedules and lifestyle choices. This lack of attention can lead to debilitating or even fatal illnesses if left unchecked. Conditions like diabetes and hypertension have become more prevalent due to the stress and unhealthy habits of modern life.
Shockingly, hypertension affects about 34% of adults in India, according to the Cardiology Society of India, and 66% of those individuals are unaware of their condition. This makes it the most insidious killer in the country. It’s concerning that so many adults with hypertension in India are unaware of their condition, and this highlights the need for better education and awareness around this issue.
Preventive care can identify chronic diseases like diabetes or heart disease in their early or precocious phases. Together with healthy habits, such as a nutritious diet, regular exercise, and no cigarette use, screening and detection are essential.
Services included in preventive care
Preventive care offers a range of health services, from simple checkups to more comprehensive testing. The type of tests recommended may vary depending on the individual’s age.
For example, preventive services include:
- Blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol tests
- Cancer screenings including mammograms and colonoscopies
- Routine vaccinations against diseases such as measles, polio etc.
Benefits of Preventive Care
Preventive care is an important way to help people stay healthy. When individuals have regular check-ups and tests, doctors can find any health issues before they become serious.
Benefits of preventive care include:
- Early detection of medical problems, illnesses, and diseases helps your doctor provide proactive care and treatment
- Routine care can help you stay focused on your own health goals
- Preventive care can lower healthcare costs by identifying and treating health issues before they become more serious and expensive to treat. This can reduce the need for costly emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and other medical interventions.
- Individuals that opt for routine check-ups generally live a longer, healthier life backed by healthy habits, behaviors and identifying issues early on.
HealthATMs: offering a suite of preventive services
Clinics on Cloud’s HealthATMs offer a range of preventive services that can help individuals maintain good health and prevent the onset of chronic conditions. Some examples of preventive services offered in a HealthATM may include:
- The manufacturer based in India specializes in producing HealthATMs. The products offer a range of preventive services, such as blood pressure, blood glucose, and haemoglobin tests. In addition, the products also integrate Hb1Ac and lipid tests, as well as a full body composition scan.
- HealthATMs provide 24/7 accessibility, making it extremely convenient for users to get checkups. Clinics on Cloud’s HealthATMs can be placed in convenient locations, such as malls, office buildings, and hospitals.
- The cost of preventive services can be too high for many individuals to afford. However, health kiosks offer the same services at a lower cost or even no cost at all.
- Clinics on Cloud Health ATMs have made taking care of one’s health easy with its AI-powered meal plan feature. The meal plan is tailored to the individual’s goals, dietary requirements, and health conditions.
Different tests available within Health ATM
- Body Temperature
- NI BP (Blood Pressure)
- Subcutaneous Fat
- Visceral Fat
- Body Water
- Skeletal Muscle
- Muscle Mass
- Bone Mass
- Fat Free Weight
- Vision Test
- Pulse Oximeter
- BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Body Fat
- Metabolic Age
- Health Score
- SpO2 (Blood Oxygen Saturation)